Private session offers:
- 15 min FREE trial
- 30 min session ($2.50/min)
- 60 min session ($2.50/min)
Life Coach, Expat Coach
- BSc Degree in Management and Marketing
- Certified Life Coach
- International Certificate in NLP
- Master Reiki Teacher and Trainer
Life Transition; Career; Life Purpose; Decision making
- General life changes
- Career change or improvement
- Finding purpose and meaning in life
- Making big life decisions
- Getting out of a rut
- Expat coaching
My name is Derval and I am Irish born and bred and grew up in Ireland’s capital, Dublin. After obtaining a Degree in Business & Marketing, I spent nearly 10 years working in various multi-national organisations in Human Resources. While I really enjoyed my career, I always felt that there was something more for me to do, for me to learn and to experience. I started to explore this and came across Coaching and in 2008 I qualified as a Life Coach & NLP Practitioner.
From that point on my life took a whole new direction. I left my career in Human Resources, moved from my home country to Paris, France and set up my Coaching & Training business. There were times when is was scary, as I ventured into unknown territory and had to deal with fears, insecurities and obstacles that came in front of me. But I dealt with it and came out the other end a better and stronger person and have not looked back since. I took the plunge and am now living a much more purposeful, meaningful and fulfilling life for me.
Having gone through the coaching experience and purposeful life changes myself, I know what it can be like for my clients and I bring this understanding and experience to my work as a coach. In the Life Coaching that I do, it is about assisting people to make positive and lasting changes in their life (in all / any areas of their lives, both personally & professionally) so that they can live a better, happier and more fulfilling life. I encourage people to live their life on purpose & not by accident, to create their own path in life; to think about what really matters most to them and to move beyond fears and insecurities and societal conditioning and dare to do something different, something that deep down they know would make them happier.
As a Coach, I support, encourage, listen, question and motivate. I am an objective & non-judgmental sounding board. I provide a safe creative environment for you to discover and explore. I walk with you during your change and I am your cheerleader on the sideline willing you on to the better things you want.
My approach to coaching is about the “What” & the “How”. We start with the “what”. In order to get what you want, you need to know what you want. Then when you know what you want we work on “how” to get it.
We will identify and clarify goals and objectives, uncover and work through obstacles and barriers to achieving those goals and devise realistic and effective action plans, ensuring goal achievement.
So far I have worked with over 20 different nationalities. Here are some examples of the different reasons people come to me for coaching:
- Career: Change of career; improve current job experience, interview preparation.
- Feeling stuck or at a cross roads in life; feeling or knowing that something needs to change but not quite sure what or how to get started.
- Knowing what changes are needed but looking for some guidance, structure, motivation and clarity to get started and to see it through.
- Moving to or living in a foreign country and trying to find their feet and learn how to adjust and integrate in the new and unfamiliar environment.
- Looking to make a big life decision and needing some objectivity and clarity.
- Looking for more structure and balance in day to day living.
If you are ready to make some changes in your life, I am here to assist that change where it matters most to you!