Personal Information Defined. PsychAsk considers "Personal Information" to include information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify or contact you, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number. PsychAsk does not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
What information is collected from Expert Platform Visitors and how is it collected?
• Browser Information and Usage Information. We log web browser information (e.g., Internet Protocol addresses and browser types) and other usage information from PsychAsk's Expert Platform such as page view tallies, time spent on each page, geographic location information, page browsing information, subject matter browsing information and operating system information. If the Expert Services Visitor is using a mobile or other portable device to visit or access PsychAsk's Expert Platform, we may collect hardware information related to the device used by the Expert Platform Visitor. Your browser may be set to limit or prevent any of the browser information described above from being transmitted. If so, PsychAsk's Expert Platform or certain communication tools, or other features or functions offered as part of PsychAsk's Expert Platform, may not be available to you.
• Member Account. In order for a visitor to use many of the features or offerings on PsychAsk's Expert Platform, the visitor may be required to open a member account and provide Personal Information. Many services require payment of a fee. Before using pay services, the Member would be required to provide payment information via the members account. PsychAsk uses a third party credit card processor or other payment processor to process and store credit card or payment information submitted via the Member’s account. PsychAsk may allow Expert Platform Visitors to sign in to PsychAsk's Expert Platform and/or enroll as a Member by using the sign-in credentials used by such visitor on a third party social media website (e.g., Facebook). By signing in or enrolling using the third party website’s credentials, the Expert Services Visitor consents to PsychAsk collecting and maintaining the information provided via such third party website. PsychAsk is not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party website.
• Requests for Information, News and other Content. When you sign up to become a Member or an Expert, you may sign up to receive information, news and other content related to new and existing products and services related to PsychAsk's Expert Platform and events, and other information related to PsychAsk that may be of interest to you. You may also sign up to receive information, news and other content from third parties whose services and/or products we believe may be of interest to you. You will be asked to provide Personal Information, such as contact details and other information, relevant to delivering such news and information. We maintain all such information.
• Technical Support Requests. If you need technical support related to PsychAsk's Expert Platform, you will need to complete a form for the purposes of defining and clarifying your technical support request. When submitting a technical support request, you will be asked to provide Personal Information, including an email address and a description of the issue. We maintain copies of all technical support requests and other information submitted with or related to such requests.
• Promotions. From time to time, we may offer promotions on PsychAsk's Expert Platform. If we do, and if you wish to participate, you may be required to provide Personal Information, such as contact information and other information. We maintain such information.
• Expert Services Applicants. If a visitor wishes to apply to be an Expert on PsychAsk's Expert Platform, the visitor will be required to submit Personal Information as requested. Any information supplied by or on behalf of a visitor for purposes of becoming an Expert may be maintained by PsychAsk as well as third party affiliates and other third parties. Please note that PsychAsk may have additional privacy terms that apply to Expert applicants. Such terms will be made available when an applicant applies to be an Expert or when an applicant otherwise accesses his or her account.
How does PsychAsk use and disclose information it collects from PsychAsk Users?
• Transcripts, Surveys and Recordings. PsychAsk may access and use Transcripts, Surveys and Recordings for purposes of performing or delivering a service to an Expert Platform Visitor, providing maintenance or support services for an Expert Platform Visitor, for training and quality assurance purposes, for purposes of investigating any claim made by or related to an Expert Platform Visitor, for purposes of improving our services and/or for other lawful purposes. Thirdparty service providers retained by PsychAsk to perform services on behalf of PsychAsk may also have access to Transcripts, Surveys and Recordings for purposes of performing or delivering a service to PsychAsk, providing maintenance or support services, for training and quality assurance purposes, for purposes of investigating any claim made by an Expert Platform Visitor or related to an Expert Platform Visitor’s use of the services, for purposes of improving our services and/or for other lawful purposes. Experts with whom a Member or other Expert Platform Visitor communicates have access to the Transcripts and Recordings between them. PsychAsk has no control over the privacy practices of such Experts. You are encouraged to verify the privacy practices of Experts before you communicate with them.
• Browser Information and Cookies. We use browser information, cookies and pixel tags to determine whether a communication service or marketing material should be deployed on your browser when you are visiting PsychAsk's Expert Platform. We may also use browser information, cookies and pixel tags: to determine how you arrived at PsychAsk's Expert Platform, to determine whether you are a return visitor, to help us improve our product and service offerings, for quality assurance and training purposes, to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, to administer and optimize our services, to deliver marketing or other materials to you on behalf of third parties and for other lawful purposes. Information collected by third party operators themselves is governed by their own privacy policies.
• Aggregate Information. We may aggregate information so that it is not Personal Information, and we may use and share such aggregated information for training and quality assurance purposes, for purposes of delivering our services, for purposes of expanding and improving our services and for other lawful purposes.
Special Notice to PsychAsk’s international Users
If you are visiting from regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Hungarian law, including those whose privacy laws may be more restrictive than Hungarian law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to Hungary to PsychAsk. By providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.
Message Boards, Communities, Blogs
How does PsychAsk protect your information?
• Security. Data transmissions over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be fully and absolutely secure. Our website and our services have security measures in place designed to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Our security measures include the measures described below.
• Encryption and Firewalls. Chat transcripts and live video streams are encrypted during transmission. We use standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption that encodes information for such transmissions. All Transcripts are maintained and archived on secure servers. Access to stored data is protected by multi-layered security controls including firewalls, role-based access controls and passwords. Experts and Members may review their chat history and see Transcripts of chats that they have engaged in. Experts and Members are only granted access to the chats that they engaged in under their Expert profile or Member profile. Data is backed up regularly and archives are stored off-site in a secure location.
Additional terms that may apply to your information
• PsychAsk's Expert Platform made available on Third Party Websites. PsychAsk's Expert Platform may be made available on third party websites. In addition, links to PsychAsk's Expert Platform may be made available on third party websites. PsychAsk is not responsible for and does not control the privacy practices of any third party. Accordingly, we encourage you to review the privacy practices of each website that you use or visit.
• Business Transfers. In the event that all or substantially all of PsychAsk's assets have been acquired, or in the event of any merger, bankruptcy or reorganization involving PsychAsk, all Transcripts, Recordings and Surveys, as well as all other information about you and your use of our services will likely be included in the acquired or merged assets.
• Choice Regarding Personal Information. If you elect to engage in any communication using our services, it is up to you to decide what, if any, information to provide during such session. Depending on your request or the means of communication it may not be possible to communicate with you or address all of your questions without providing some information. Nevertheless, if you do not wish to furnish certain information, then you should not do so.
Encryption is the process of transforming information into unreadable text so that it is only legible to those possessing an encryption key. The process of making encrypted information readable again is referred to as decryption.
Pixel tags are small graphic images that are embedded in a web page or email for purposes of tracking activity on web pages or whether a user has opened or accessed an email. A pixel tag may be set to identify on what browser and computer it was viewed, whether that browser has cookies received from a server associated with the pixel tag, and whether the web page or email with the pixel tag was forwarded or copied.
Web browser is a software program that allows a user to access, retrieve and view information on the World Wide Web. Examples of browsers include Internet Explorer, FireFox, Google Chrome and Safari.
Address: 1067, Teréz körút 41, Budapest, Hungary.
Tel (Europe): +36 30 497 5980
Tel (USA): +1 (646) 661-2882
For Members & visitors:
For Payment issues: